Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cake Decorating My Way


I've always thought it would be fun to take some kind of cake decorating class and maybe some day I'll actually do it! Until then I try to be a little creative based on the person I'm making the cake for. I think so far this is my all-time favorite!
My Mom loves cardinals and also likes "real" things, as in "not fake".
I had found this cardinal that of course is not real, but the alternative wasn't possible in this case!
For the greens, I went tramping around our place...there's pine needles (which kind of represent Idaho), holly leaves and english ivy.
The red berries are little rose hips, just minatures of the kind we used to pick and make jelly with in Idaho.
It's so amazing what can be done when you just look around you!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ramona Aboul Hosn said...

That's beautiful Janelle! You're so creative.

Janelle said...

Thanks, Mona!